Want to start coding but don’t know where to start?
Want to create a web application that can scale like the big boys but don’t know how?
Sometimes its all about getting the right GUIDANCE.
For a very long time now, I have learned that there just aren’t that many advanced courses out there that cover from the basic application through deploying it to production.
Also a hands on approach to learning how to code DOES MATTER!
And that’s why I am creating this BONANZA so that you can learn how to code like the Pros and create a startup or something of your own.
Who says you can’t build a robust web application!?
Anything is possible! If the founders of Twitter, Shopify, AirBnb didn’t think it was possible, they wouldn’t be where they are right now.
Forget about relying on Udemy API, Teachable or LearnDash where you have no control over how things work.
For starters, we are going to be building a solid robust web application that works like an online education platform similar to what Plantoost was before.
We will also build a back-end admin panel from scratch,
removing the need for additional Ruby gems like Rails Admin or Active Admin which often times can add bloat to an already sophisticated application. The main point of a successful app is to have it as lean as possible.
To have a video streaming service, we will also create a video player platform that hosts our videos on the Amazon S3 platform,
removing the need for reliance on video streaming services that sometimes charge you a fortune a month!
In addition to front-end and back-end development, we will use Git for version control and show you how you can deploy your application to production in a DigitalOcean VPS.
On top of that, we will make sure we create background processing using sidekiq for file upload tasks,
email transactions with Amazon SES, many of which are what the big boys are doing!
Completing this more than full stack course may be challenging at first but it gives you the necessary skills you need to be a well-rounded web developer. Understanding how the MVC / Action Layer fits with User Interface and very importantly the server, network and hosting environment, can elevate your know-how and accelerate your journey to becoming the best developer you can possibly be.
What exactly is in this incredible course?
- CSS/HTML design done modern and right
- Advanced Ruby on Rails
- User authentication
- Admin authentication and back-end system
- Workshop setup for users (Learn how to allow/limit access)
- Add and modify workshops as admin
- Video upload for workshop's lessons (using own server to process video files, learning intricacies involved in media processing and more)
- Ability to organize lesson videos via drag-and-drop
- User profile
- Comment system
- Review system
- Utilizing PostgreSQL database
- Utilizing Redis for caching
- Sidekiq background processing
- Request invite / Contact form
- Email system with Amazon SES (Automated emailing for user registrations etc)
- Deployment from localhost to production server w/ Capistrano
Get to learn how to create all the above mentioned features and use these codes in your future project or startup.
Why is this a big deal?
The lack of visual tutorials for advanced web development to production can be a pain in the butt for many beginners who just want to build an app just like the real startups do, without jumping through hoops. Unless you have all the right resources, it could take a while.
As a person who has been coding since I was 12, I know how important it is to master the right curriculum to become a full-stack developer. That said, I also have had gaps where I pursued agriculture and botany, so if you think you have to be total coding geek to master web development, think again. It's not impossible!
What Will I Learn?
- A fully responsive & customizable online education/school/tutor template
- Step by step written and visual instructions
- Additional CSS code and simple to follow instructions
- Links to all resources, websites and services mentioned in the video
- Create an advanced education platform and deploy to production
BACKEND FRONTEND RUBY ON RAILS DEVELOPMENT TO PRODUCTION FULL STACK CODING COURSE UDEMY CLONE ONLINE EDUCATION PLATFORM
- Basic understanding of Ruby programming.
- Some knowledge of how Ruby on Rails work.
- You need a Mac, Ubuntu or Windows computer/machine to develop the sample application
About The Instructor
Shawn is the CEO and founder of Plantoost where he teaches app development, web design, software engineering, fungi, plant science, and more.
He graduated from the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities in 2015 with a major in Applied Plant Science. Since graduation, his work has taken him in a wide variety of directions but has now solidly found the tech industry to be his calling.
Like many, he has always had a love of learning but have struggled with the typical resources out there. Because of that, he created Plantoost, an e-learning platform where anyone can find or teach...