Having a course outline is an excellent way to ensure your lessons are well-thought-out and organized. It helps you set the tone for the course, communicates how, what, and when students will learn. With an outlining process, you can think through the nuts and bolts of making a course.
Here are some things to get things going:
- Determine your vision and intention for the curriculum.
- Outline your overarching topics.
- Review any current curriculum to determine what to keep and what to retire.
- Create lesson transcripts to provide a comprehensive student learning experience.
- Organize your standards based on the topics and timeline.
- Create or attach one or a variety of projects to the course.
- Determine what materials and resources your student will need.
- Pull it all together.